FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2020 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Explain the territorial and pecuniary jurisdiction of civil courts within the scheme as contained in the Civil Courts Ordinance, 1962.
Q. No. 3.
In what circumstances the court may remove arbitrators or umpires?
Q. No. 4.
What is a leading question? Who can ask such questions? Can a party put leading question to his own witnesses? If so, when?
Q. No. 5.
Compare and contrast the law on fabricating or giving false evidence with that on giving information to cause injury or annoyance to someone.
Q. No. 6.
Define vicarious liability. What are its essential ingredients? What is the prime difference between constructive liability and abetment?
Q. No. 7.
General principle is that evidence is to be taken in the presence of accused. Exceptions to this rule and circumstances under which these are applicable. Discuss.
Q. No. 8.
Discuss the particulars containing a plaint and the grounds on which it can be rejected.