FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2019 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
JOURNALISM & MASS COMMUNICATION
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Discuss Marshal McLuhan’s theory of media determinism in the light of powerful media effects revisited paradigm.
Q. No. 3.
What are normative theories of the press? Discuss criticism on these theories and also discuss their implication in Pakistani society.
Q. No. 4.
How mass media and technology contribute in globalization? Do you think that we are living in a global village? Justify your answer with logical arguments.
Q. No. 5.
Critically discuss the impact of commercialism on selection and presentation of news reports in perspective of Pakistani mainstream news channels.
Q. No. 6.
Do you think that PR is a tool of governance? Why is it necessary for a public relations department to serve as early warning system?
Q. No. 7.
Write a detailed note on development of media regulations from British colonial era to independent Pakistan.
Q. No. 8.
Write notes on any two of the following: (10 each)
(a) Spiral of silence
(b) McBride commission
(c) Dominant paradigm of development