FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2020 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
Town Planning & Urban Management
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
How housing for lower and middle income people are becoming a challenge? Why site and services schemes fail to address the issue of housing for all segments of the society? Discuss.
Q. No. 3.
What are the main factors of heat Islands development in our cities? How its impacts can be reduced? Discuss.
Q. No. 4.
Differentiate between Urban Design, Urban planning and Architecture by giving example. Explain the role of each one in the achievement of a livable and compact city.
Q. No. 5.
How planned Public Capital Investment (PCI) contribute to land use control? Support your answer by giving live example from the developed world cities.
Q. No. 6.
How development plan could be made effective to address the issue of spatial growth in cities? Illustrate with examples.
Q. No. 7.
Highlight the importance of urban design in achieving a sustainable urban form. What role urban design can plan in the livability of a city? Explain.
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on any TWO of the following: (10 marks each)
(a) Urban Regeneration
(b) National Environmental policy
(c) Urban Economy