FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2020 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Discuss emerging vector-borne zoonotic diseases of public health importance. Describe the impact of climate change on vector-borne diseases.
Q. No. 3.
How the members of Chordates are different from Hemichordates? Name five hallmarks shared by all chordates and describe functions of each.
Q. No. 4.
What is the difference between bird’s migration and navigation? Discuss navigational resources used by different bird species in long distance migration.
Q. No. 5.
How gene mutation differ from chromosomal aberration? Discuss the type(s) of mutation responsible for new variation of a trait.
Q. No. 6.
Discuss sexual and asexual reproduction in protozoa. Explain parthenogenesis.
Q. No. 7.
Describe Fluid-Mosaic Model of the plasma membrane. What are different types of movements across the plasma membrane?
Q. No. 8.
Discuss the structure and functions of different types of neurons. Describe general pathway for the flow of information within the nervous system.