FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2020 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Explain in detail the circulation, gas exchange and temperature regulation in reptiles.
Q. No. 3.
Describe various hormones of the mammalian adrenal gland with their functions.
Q. No. 4.
Write a detailed account on maintenance functions of class Arachnida.
Q. No. 5.
Define linked genes. Explain in detail the inheritance of X-linked recessive genes.
Q. No. 6.
Explain the body wall, digestion, nervous system and sensory organs of flat worms.
Q. No. 7.
How does excretion and osmoregulation occur in mammals?
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on any FOUR of the following: (05 each)
(a) Hardy-Weinberg theorem
(b) Sedimentary cycle
(d) Mechanism of neuron action
(e) Invertebrate sensory receptors
(f) Gas exchange in Mammals