FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2018 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II by selecting TWO questions from EACH SECTION. Answer must be written in respective language except where specified in the question paper. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Rational ideas and ‘fear’ determined the course of French Revolution in the eighteenth century. Discuss.
Q. No. 3.
What were the effects of Napoleon Bonaparte-I’s home policy on French society?
Q. No. 4.
How would you argue that lessons cannot be drawn from the European Revolutions in 1830s and 40s as historical process is specific to a particular context?
Q. No. 5.
What kinds of symbols were used by the movements for uniting Germany and Italy in the nineteenth century?
SECTION – B
Q. No. 6.
How did the Great Depression in the 1930s effect societies and cultures in Europe?
Q. No. 7.
Capitalistic trends promoted the ideologies of secularism and liberalism in twentieth-century Western Europe. Discuss.
Q. No. 8.
How did violence and Communist ideas shape the events culminating in the outbreak of the Russian Revolution of 1917?