FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2017 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II by selecting TWO Questions from EACH
SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2. How did the French Revolution and the era of Napoleonic conquests stimulate
liberalism, nationalism and conservatism in Europe?
Q. No. 3. What was the German Confederation and how did it attempt to resolve the
classical problem of Central Europe?
Q. No. 4. Between Mazzini, Cavour and Garibaldi, who do you think made the most
significant contribution to Italian unification?
Q. No. 5. Would it be a fair assessment of Bismarck’s legacy that in creating a united
Germany he laid the foundations of the First World War?
Q. No. 6. How did the First World War generate conditions conducive to the emergence of
radical left-wing and radical right-wing movements in Europe?
Q. No. 7. What was, in your view, the most important factor that led the United States to
abandon its historic policy of isolationism and adopted internationalism after
Q. No. 8. Write short notes on any FOUR of the following: (5 each)
(a) Georges Clemenceau (b) The Berlin Wall
(c) The Cuban Missile Crisis (d) Winston Churchill
(e) Stalin (f) Charles de Gaulle