FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2018 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
To what extent in the twenty-first century you justify the role of ‘the mind’ in psychology?
Q. No. 3.
Why is associative learning important? Discuss with respect to the behavioural repertoire provided by instrumental versus associative forms of learning.
Q. No. 4.
What are the major developmental changes that occur during the school years?
Q. No. 5.
How do social and cognitive processes affect behaviour?
Q. No. 6.
What are the defining characteristics of humanistic therapy? Discuss how one might assess different psychotherapies. Which of the psychotherapies appear to be the most effective?
Q. No. 7.
Is there any harm in national stereotypes? Discuss the relevant factors which we need to take into consideration when we wish to build social harmony in society.
Q. No. 8.
Write comprehensive notes on any TWO of the following: (10 each)
(i) Stress is linked to illness, with examples
(ii) Consequences of redundancy and unemployment.
(iii) Role of the reinforcer in classical and instrumental conditioning.