FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2020 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
What is street smartness? How Gardner’s approach differs from the other theories of intelligence?
Q. No. 3.
What is the rationale behind using projective tests of personality? How TAT and Rorschach Ink Blot tests are different in terms of their structure and psychometric qualities?
Q. No. 4.
Enlist positive and negative symptoms along with different types of schizophrenia. Give the major plan of management of schizophrenia.
Q. No. 5.
How construct validity of psychological tests is determined by employing different psychometric procedures?
Q. No. 6.
How effectiveness of psychotherapy can be determined? Identify situations in which unconditional positive regard would be appropriate. How can CBT change the unhealthy state of a person?
Q. No. 7.
Why do we tend to explain causes of others and our own behaviors? Compare and contrast the different theories of attribution.
Q. No. 8.
Why raw scores on a psychological test are meaningless until interpreted with norms? Differentiate between developmental norms and within group norms with reference to major types of norms.