FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2017 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
POLITICAL SCIENCE, PAPER-I
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II by selecting at least TWO Questions from EACH SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q. Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2. Compare and contrast the different political philosophies of Hobbes and Locke. How are these philosophies implemented in present day political systems and policy
Q. No. 3. According to Marx “the mode of production in material life determines the general character of social, political and spiritual process in life”. Elucidate. (20)
Q. No. 4. Discuss the upward and downward development of state, rulers and ruled in the
socio-political thought of Ibn Khaldun. (20)
Q. No. 5. What is the Islamic concept of state? Identify issues and challenges to the Islamic
concept of state in the modern times. (20)
Q. No. 6. What characteristic of society leads to adoption of federal form of government? How it can function successfully? (20)
Q. No. 7. Compare and contrast the differing roles played by political parties and interest groups in making public policy? (20)
Q. No. 8. What is Fascism and why is it considered to be the child of first half of 20th century events to place in Europe? (20)