FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2019 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
POLITICAL SCIENCE, PAPER-I
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II, by selecting TWO questions from EACH SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Examine the view that Hegelian spirit is nothing but evolution of human consciousness to the realization of political maturity for global human co-existence. (20)
Q. No. 3.
The growing judicial activism in Pakistan is clearly at the expanse of parliamentary sovereignty and supremacy. Critically analyze the statement. (20)
Q. No. 4.
Explain the concept of Nationality and distinguish between Nationality and Citizenship. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Globalization restrict the autonomy of the state, generates domestic social conflicts, and inequalities. Discuss the interactions between globalization and domestic politics. (20)
Q. No. 6.
How far 18th amendments will transform the existing federal system in Pakistan? (20)
Q. No. 7.
Fascism generally flourishes in countries with strong nationalism and weak democracies. Discuss the enabling conditions for fascism with reference to Germany and Italy. (20)
Q. No. 8.
How far is it true to say that the origin of the state lies in force? Discuss critically the Theory of Force regarding the origin of state. (20)