FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2019 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
POLITICAL SCIENCE, PAPER-II
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II by selecting ONE question from SECTION-I and THREE questions from SECTION-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
PART – II
SECTION – I
Q. No. 2.
How the system of Checks and Balances works in the US political system? Explain with examples. (20)
Q. No. 3.
How the party system in France is different to that in Germany? Discuss in detail. (20)
SECTION – II
Q. No. 4.
Critically analyze the role of military in the Turkish politics. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Iqbal is credited with creating the idea of Pakistan. Give your arguments. (20)
Q. No. 6.
What factors contributed to the delay of constitution making process in the early years of Pakistan? Discuss in detail. (20)
Q. No. 7.
What are the major obstacles to the process of national integration in contemporary Pakistan? Suggest remedies for success of the process. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Write down the major determinants of the foreign policy of Pakistan. (20)