FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2020 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
POLITICAL SCIENCE, PAPER-I
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II, by selecting TWO questions from EACH SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Why monistic or absolute concept of sovereignty has been abandoned? Analyse legal concept of sovereignty. (20)
Q. No. 3.
Examine Montesquieu’s theory of separation of powers. Why has he been called “Aristotle” of eighteenth century? Discuss. (20)
Q. No. 4.
Critically analyze the Social Contract Theory of Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau. (20)
Q. No. 5.
Examine the view that the Hegelian spirit is nothing but evolution of human consciousness to the realization of political maturity for global human co-existence. (20)
Q. No. 6.
Critically examine the basic principles of Fascism. (20)
Q. No. 7.
Bring out clearly the difference between unitary and federal forms of government. (20)
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on the following:- (10 each)
(a). Ibn-e-Khaldun’s concept of Asbiyah
(b). Marx’s theory of Class Struggle