FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2019 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
PART – II
Q. No. 2.
Define Public Administration. Discuss the relationship between Politics and Public Administration.
Q. No. 3.
Is Public interest only a simple summation of private interest? Argue in the light of the theory of John Rawls.
Q. No. 4.
Explain the similarities and differences between Hersey and Blanchard’s Situational theory and House’s Path Goal theory. Which one do you think is appropriate for contemporary situation of Pakistan and why?
Q. No. 5.
Differentiate between Development administration and Administrative development. Critically analyze the role of bureaucracy in Development administration in developing countries including Pakistan.
Q. No. 6.
Explain dispute settlement process. Do you think that the major methods of redressal of public grievances in Pakistan are adequate? Argue your case.
Q. No. 7.
Discuss in detail the budgeting process of Pakistan. Do you satisfied with the process? Discuss with practical examples.
Q. No. 8.
Write short notes on any TWO of the following: (10 each)
(a) Types of Decentralization
(b) Role of Civil Society in good governance
(c) Administrative buffering