FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2020 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Q. No. 2.
Compare and Contrast the Bureaucratic Model with New Public Management (NPM). Do you think NPM is relevant to developing countries like Pakistan? Support your argument with key indicators.
Q. No. 3.
Trace how the strategic management process has evolved. Also discuss the opportunities and constraints on collaborative approaches to an effective strategy development and its implementation.
Q. No. 4.
Describe the role of government in HRM at enterprise level. Elaborate key challenges in Public sector enterprises in Pakistan and way forward.
Q. No. 5.
Describe the four basic stages in the rational model of decision making and problem solving. When do bounded rationality, satisficing and heuristics enter your own decision making for better? For worse?
Q. No. 6.
Critically Analyze NRB-5Ds Model developed in 2001 in context with; Devolution of Political Process, Distribution of Resources to Districts, Diffusion of Power Authority Nexus, Deconcentrating of Management Functions and Decentralization of Administrative authority.
Q. No. 7.
“Bureaucracy and Democracy are antithetical. Bureaucracy is hierarchical, elitist, specialized, and informed while democracy is communal, pluralist, generalized, and ill-informed”. Discuss this statement keeping in view the quantum of expectations in Pakistan and the reality of the civic culture.
Q. No. 8.
Write comprehensive notes on the following:- (10 each)
(a) Public Business Re-Engineering
(b) Governance Challenges in Pakistan