FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION – 2016
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
- (i) Make an outline and write a COMPREHENSIVE ESSAY (2500-3000 words) on any ONE of the given topics. Make sure you use different forms of discourses, e.g. exposition, argumentation, description and narration. Credit will be given for organization, relevance and clarity.
- (ii) No Page/Space be left blank between the answer. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
1. World as a global village: Learning to live together.
2. We have to learn to be our own best friends, because we fall too easily into the trap
of being our own worst enemies.
3. Water crisis and national unity.
4. The place of Urdu in Pakistan and Supreme Court’s ruling on making Urdu the official
language of the country.
5. Crisis of good governance in Pakistan: Need for reforms and institution building.
6. Promotion of tax culture in Pakistan: Perspective, prospects and challenges.
7. Gender equality is a myth!
8. The creation of new provinces in Pakistan: Implications for an integrated country.
9. Does foreign aid help to achieve economic stability?
10. Frailty, thy name is woman.