FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION – 2011
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
- (i) Make an outline and write a COMPREHENSIVE ESSAY (2500-3000 words) on any ONE of the given topics. Make sure you use different forms of discourses, e.g. exposition, argumentation, description and narration. Credit will be given for organization, relevance and clarity.
- (ii) No Page/Space be left blank between the answer. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
1. Truth is a rare commodity despite the freedom by the print and electronic media
2. Without good communication skills, life becomes impossible in the modern world.
3. The time we live in is the winter of the world.
4. In this country reason does not apply to anything,
5. Does Pakistan society regard woman as the angel in the house or source of all evils?
6. Disaster management and government preparedness
7. Fair play and life, as it is lived, in the land of the pure.
8.The pleasures of reading.
9. What are the hurdles in our way to becoming a truly independent state?
10. Insanity in individuals is something rare but in groups, parties and nations it is the rule.